Daddy's Game

Tell us what you thought of the September issue!

Moderator: Editors

Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Daddy's Game

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

I think "Daddy" is a cross between Baron Harkonnen in Dune, "Big Daddy" in a Tennessee Williams play, and Mojo from X-Men comics (grossly fat and literally spineless, presiding over Mojovision, a network that stages life-and-death struggles for ratings and the amusement of the realm)... (And let us not forget Jabba the Hutt*!)

My impression of the Game was that it used a very high-powered form of 3D computer animation with AI driving the detailed actions of the "people" while the players directed the strategy -- not so different from the popular "Real Time Strategy" computer games that are available now. There was no manipulation of historical events, just tweakable recreations of same. (Of course, I may be wrong as to what the author intended here.)

What made THIS Game special was the fact that out in the World, it was played for keeps (whereas the "in-house" games between Daddy and Sonny were for practice and entertainment only).

RM

(*Hey, if Daddy was a Hutt, that might explain why his son is basically a worm!)
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Return to “September 2007”