New Weapons story by Mike Wilson

Tell us what you thought about the February 2013 issue.

Moderator: Editors

Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: New Weapons story by Mike Wilson

Post by Lester Curtis »

I can't say that I liked this one very much at all. Characterization is extremely weak, dialog is stilted, and all of the plot elements fit together much too neatly and culminate in a happily-ever-after kind of ending. *Insert 'puke' emoticon here.*

I did like the idea of two guys coming up with similar ideas and getting into competition, just because it's different. Most of the time, some new invention centers around a single individual. I just don't think it was handled all that well. Especially when they finally made friends; they put their dangerous toys down in a public place and just walked away from them. NOT clever of them.

Putting both characters in the same town didn't help at all, either; too convenient.

Keep trying, Mike.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: New Weapons story by Mike Wilson

Post by Lester Curtis »

georgestepo wrote:Im very interested of this.. is this a coming movie or a novel or what?? based on my understanding in Lester Curtis's post it was an intersting story..
It was a story published here, circa February 2013. I went looking into the archives to find it for you, but . . . our archivists are a little behind in getting everything where it belongs, and I couldn't find it. Sorry.

There's lots of better reading matter here, some of it current. Click the "Serials" button and read the one in there; it's outstanding.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Return to “February 2013”