Your Sleep is My Sleep By Dimitrije Medenica

Tell us what you thought about the August 2013 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: Your Sleep is My Sleep By Dimitrije Medenica

Post by Lester Curtis »

This seems a little inconsistent in the expectations it sets up. I expected only for Phil to have more time to do things, but then he got younger, which, to me, was not an understood part of the bargain.

But then he shows us that there's no fool like an old fool, especially one who begins feeling his oats again.

I was ready for the story to take a different direction than it did, but that would have violated the logic of the plot.

I liked that Dr. Fudenberg's office was in a half-space, and even had a half-number.

The characterization wasn't bad, but I didn't feel very close to the guy. Also, I thought there was a bit too much detail used describing Phil's apartment, which wasn't important to the story.

This paragraph confused me:
The student fidgeted and wiped his forehead. He looked tired and had probably not slept the previous night. "Phil, I don't believe it's so bad. It just needs some tightening in the periphery. Peter, perhaps you could make the rooms on the sides a bit smaller?" She smiled, nudging Phil's shoulder.
The attribution needs changed; I thought at first that it was the student who spoke.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Return to “August 2013”