New Issue Online

Tell us what you thought of the September 2013 issue!

Moderator: Editors

doc
WebMaven

New Issue Online

Post by doc »

Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh, so mellow.
When grass was green and grain was yellow.
When you were a tender and callow fellow.
Try to remember, and if you remember,
Then comment.
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: New Issue Online

Post by Lester Curtis »

Aw, nuts! This is the second month in a row that I haven't managed to read all the stories before they went into limbo!

Guess I ought to get back at it . . .
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Lester Curtis wrote:Aw, nuts! This is the second month in a row that I haven't managed to read all the stories before they went into limbo!

You do remember that you can download the index files from the apxxxv13 folder, right?
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Post by Lester Curtis »

Robert_Moriyama wrote:
Lester Curtis wrote:Aw, nuts! This is the second month in a row that I haven't managed to read all the stories before they went into limbo!

You do remember that you can download the index files from the apxxxv13 folder, right?
Remember?! Hell, I never even learned that! And what is a apxxxv13 folder, anyway? Gimme a road map to it!
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

davidsonhero wrote:Oh oh! Did I screw my chances to get into the secret clubhouse already? It must be a Wisconsin dialect thing. I swear! I had just dropped into the mid-western vernacular for a minute. Hey, is that you looking out at me through the slot in the door, Iain? (whispering) Is there a chute beneath my feet to which you are holding the lever? :)
Oh, chute!

You need to have access to the FTP site... (ask Doc). Within the public_html folder, there is a folder called "issues", which contains a subfolder for each issue of the zine. The subfolders are named "ap<issue number>v<volume>" and contain the shorts.html, serials.html, features.html, editorial.html, and poetry.html index files.

The process for setting up an issue consists of creating a new "apxxxvyy" folder in "issues", then building and uploading the index files. When everything is ready, Doc copies the index files into another folder which makes them the "live" versions.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

davidsonhero wrote:While access to the older index files would be nice, it's not necessary for me to fulfill my duties as the flash editor. It is necessary for me to have access to the flash indexes so I can update those though (they are currently locked for me.) It would also be nice to know where the email flash@aphelion-webzine.com is being forwarded to. It is linked to my name on the contact us page. I hate to think someone might try to contact me with it only to have the email end up in a black hole. I also wish I could stick and unstick the flash contest thread in the fun and games folder myself so I didn't have to bother Nate about it. Doc, any chance you could grant one (or all) of these wishes? ;D I'd be very grateful.

John
You now have powers beyond those of mere mortals, including the ability to change topic types, crush spammers (should any pass the e-mail-reply gatekeeper function) and generally be as big a nuisance as I am.

Jack London (1876-1916)
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Post by kailhofer »

Erm... Is there any way I can get the red level uprade as well? I'd love to be able to actually change the url for Flash of Aphelion to something that actually works.

You know... just saying.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

davidsonhero wrote:
Vila wrote:The Mighty Rob must be appeased. It'll cost you... Two chickens! BWAHAHAHAHA!
Maybe I could just buy a round at the Mare Inebrium and drink to his health. Shipping chickens might be a little tricky. :)
You could mail a gift card for the poultry purveyor of his choice...

Jack London (1876-1916)

Return to “September 2013”