Short Story Editor

Tell us what you thought about the February 2005 issue!

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Short Story Editor

Post by kailhofer »

Might as well teleport this message too...<br><br>Congratulations, Robert, on becoming Short Story Editor!<br>You're in the Editorial Mafia--you've been "made."<br><br>Your dedication to Aphelion in the form of hundreds of messages and so very many stories has been recognized--the job's yours. Good for you.<br><br>(Although it reminded me of the post about the threshold levels of stars where Dan quipped that four stars was "Staff Member Wannabe". In your case, that seems to have worked out. :))<br><br><br>Also, a thank you to Cary. His devotion and care in cultivating a crop of great stories each month truly showed, and I appreciated it, both as a writer and a reader.<br><br>Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Re: Short Story Editor

Post by kailhofer »

Well, Robert, I have to pay you a compliment.<br><br>Almost every story I've read this month I've had to stop and think about for a day before I could comment on it. So far, that has meant that they were both entertaining as well as thought provoking, for me at least.<br><br>The skills to select and nurture stories such as these must have been hidden deep within you all this while--how did the Editorial Mafia know??<br><br>Regardless of where this came from, the results are good news for all the readers. Please, keep them coming!<br><br>Nate<br><br>PS. Are we going to get to hear comments from you on each of the stories you picked? I'm interested to see what it was you saw in them when you chose them. (Or what Jeff saw in his, for that matter.) Such input could be just as valuable as those commentaries we put out.
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Ah, but I can only pick good ones if good ones arrive in The Pile (or The Folder, in Windowsspeak). Fortunately, I seem to be getting more goods per month than I can use (so far), from various points around the globe (the English-speaking or English-as-major-second-language parts, anyway). I do expect the Usual Suspects to contribute their share, of course. (But they've heard that I actually EDIT the stories, even (gasp) adding or deleting WHOLE SENTENCES. This is the first sign of Editorial Powers corrupting editorially -- er, absolutely.)<br><br>Robert M.<br><br>
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Post by kailhofer »

Contrary to my character, I'm going to pay you a second compliment, Robert.<br><br>(No, I'm not sucking up. I don't have a story ready to submit to him.)<br><br>On my iMac 1440x900 screen, the stories that you code are in a bigger font size than those Jeff does, and my tired eyes thank you for that. It's usually pretty late by the time I can get to the board, unless it's a weekend, and I've stared at a computer screen all day. The bigger size is easier to read.<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>Nate
Last edited by kailhofer on March 05, 2005, 01:08:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “February 2005”