Alien G. Robinson by Patrick Hemstreet

Tell us what you think about the March 2014 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: Alien G. Robinson by Patrick Hemstreet

Post by Lester Curtis »

A good deal of this was really funny, but I thought it went on for too long.

Really off-center stuff, very unusual, and that's what I liked best about it. Cammy kicks ass.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Megawatts
Master Critic

Post by Megawatts »

Interesting story, and I’m sure Edward G. Robinson would have a comment or two about Cammy. Something like “Okay, Kid, you showed me your stuff-- now I show you mine, Bang, Bang, Bang.” Edward G. Robinson is one of my favorite actors, and his last role was in the movie Soylent Green staring Charlton Heston.

Space aliens studying our culture might interpret us from our communication systems: Television Broadcasting would be a complete process in hearing, viewing, and observing our culture especially from movies, old and new. And if that is the case, we will never be invaded if the aliens watched the Rambo movies!

Nice intro, interesting enough to capture one’s attention, and the first paragraph also started to mold Cammy to us by show and not tell. Good. And the following dialogue also holds our attention while showing more about Cammy and getting us in her head a little. Further development turns our interest into curiosity. And the story follows an intricate web of action and deception.

I loved how President Obama’s speech was captured! Nice.

Good job!
Last edited by Megawatts on March 20, 2014, 06:25:44 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Lives!!!
Megawatts
Master Critic

Post by Megawatts »

Mark, I always get a bang outa ya!!!
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “March 2014”