Nightwatch: Jigsaw Creek By Robert Moriyama

Tell us what you thought about the June 2005 issue!

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Nightwatch: Jigsaw Creek By Robert Moriyama

Post by kailhofer »

Why aren't all you cluckers giving Robert feedback about his story? ;) (Totally kidding! Honest!)<br><br>I told Robert what I thought about it a long time ago. I don't remember what I said, but I probably hated it because you couldn't smell the furniture polish in the CE offices, or some such sensory input fiddle faddle. (But it would have helped, I promise! :))<br><br>This is a good yarn--snappy and interesting. Plus, no one, myself included, can write smartass Simon and sassy Stephanie like Robert can. Take a bow, Mister, or pat yourself on the back if you prefer. You deserve it.<br><br>Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Nightwatch: Jigsaw Creek By Robert Moriyama

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Why aren't all you cluckers giving Robert feedback about his story? ;) (Totally kidding! Honest!)

I told Robert what I thought about it a long time ago. I don't remember what I said, but I probably hated it because you couldn't smell the furniture polish in the CE offices, or some such sensory input fiddle faddle. (But it would have helped, I promise! :))

This is a good yarn--snappy and interesting. Plus, no one, myself included, can write smartass Simon and sassy Stephanie like Robert can. Take a bow, Mister, or pat yourself on the back if you prefer. You deserve it.

Nate
<br><br>Obviously, they are all afraid of my Vast Editorial Powers. They have seen that I may select the stories of those who dare to mock me -- but I will give away important plot points in the blurb! ;D <br><br>Yeah, that's right -- I'm bad. Don't be disrespectin' me nohow or I bust an editorial cap in yo' blurb.<br><br>Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Oh my God -- a SECOND comment. Now, if only it was from somebody who ISN'T working on a Nightwatch story, I'd know that the series must have more than six or seven or eight readers in total.<br><br>The world is catching up to some of the tech in 'cyberpunk' stories. Computer-controlled and myoelectric prosthetics are becoming more common and more sophisticated; interfaces between hardware and 'wetware' are being developed (viz. the recent issue of Scientific American, from which the term 'neuromorphic chip' was lifted). And the idea that 'gene therapy' may replace steroids as the shortcut to superhuman musculature has already been circulating for some time (would it count as 'doping' in Olympic competition?).<br><br>Fortunately, there's no sign of Keanu Reeves as a data courier in this story. (viz. the film version of Johnny Mnemonic)!<br><br>Robert M.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Patience, m'lad. I'm sure there'll be more acomin'.
I've been on it for a couple of days now on and off. My poor eyesight won't let me read too much at one time. Even the short ones bother me reading on screen (printed material doesn't bother me much.)

Donald "Mr. Magoo" S.
<br><br>Ooh, you're going to want to print out the next few Nightwatch installments, then. In a large font.<br><br>Robert "bifocals very soon" M.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Pregnant idea!

Donald
<br><br>The appropriate responses to that remark are:<br> :o<br>and possibly<br> ???<br><br>Robert 'Confused Again' M.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

... there is just a wee bit o' Scottish blood in me. (And in past times, I've had some Scotch in me...)

Donald
<br><br>Hmm. Wouldn't that be 'there's a wee bit of blood in my Scotch'? (The doctor prescribes three choruses of 'Brigadoon' and a film festival featuring Mike Myers as the 'if it's no Scottish, it's crap!' guy from SNL and, of course, Scrooge McDuck.)<br><br>Robert M.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Return to “June 2005”