That's Not a Crime, It's an Ad Campaign by Robert A. Lawler

Tell us what you thought about the May issue!

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

That's Not a Crime, It's an Ad Campaign by Robert A. Lawler

Post by kailhofer »

This thread for discussion of "That's Not a Crime, It's an Ad Campaign" by Robert A. Lawler.

We really don't know the limits of pheromone use, but if it can boost a man's sex life, it will come to market.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: That's Not a Crime, It's an Ad Campaign by Robert A. Law

Post by Lester Curtis »

I was impressed with the believability of the police procedure first, and then with the science involved, but I was disappointed with the lack of a strong story arc. Mr. Lawler has done an exceptional job with technical details here. It was fast and easy to read. Setting was good, and the characterization seemed okay, but the professor came across as just a little too stuffed with himself, and everyone else seemed a little thin. Dialog matched characterization quite well, but some of the dialog came across as infodump.

The biggest problem I had with the story is that it didn't give me enough motivation to care about any of the characters or the outcome. Shiny on the outside, but empty on the inside. Maybe a closer POV would help, but a strong sense of a conflict would do a LOT more for it. There just wasn't anything here to put me on edge.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Return to “May 2015”