Hunting Season by Boomer

Tell us what you thought about the October 2005 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Boomer
Commenter

Re: Hunting Season by Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Thanks for the input and observations Dan, they are very helpful. I will take another look at the story for typos. I've lost count of the number of times I've edited this, even with large font size (400%), but I still can't see them all. I'll just have to try and find an editor I guess, as I seem to end up putting for in than I take out after a while.<br><br>As to the age issue. What can I say? In a way, this started as an 'abduction' story with a twist. Keeping him the same age (65) wouldn't have worked at the end, but as you say, it would have been interesting to explore the possibilities. What I wanted to do was explore the reactions and actions of a fairly ordinary man in an unusual situation, and the two different POV as seen from inside and outside the action. I hope I managed to hide the fact he was on a different plant, and who was hunting him, also what the reaction of the authorities would be to the situation. As to the ending. Being an engineer, I like things neat and tidy with no loose ends or unanswered questions, unlike some stories I've read. Thanks for the review it was worth waiting for. Boomer<br>

Return to “October 2005”