The Center by Rick Witherow

Tell us what you thought about the May issue!

Moderator: Editors

Megawatts
Master Critic

The Center by Rick Witherow

Post by Megawatts »

An interest take on vampires. To kill them, become one—I like that idea. The Good vampires verses the bad ones.

The story held my interest, and that's always a plus. The intro worked------got my interest in the first paragraph with the knife slicing the index finger in order to attract vampires. The story of the protagonist's early life set the stage for his later actions. To be trained in intelligence and possibly being assigned to a ranger company would definitely help in searching out vampires. Also to be stationed in Germany close to Romania to learn first hand about vampires, becomes an added bonus for basic vampire stocking! Nice.

I don’t think that I ever read anything about ‘safe homes’ for vampire children or for vampires
dissidents. Years ago my daughter watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I watched it a few time with her. That’s about the most I know about ‘modern vampires’ as opposed to the old Bella Lugosi movies of witch I really loved when younger. Even vampires should evolve with what the future brings.

Rick wrote a nicely crafted story, one that held my interest, and one the wasn’t a disappointment at the end. The dialogue worked and the scenes played out in my mind.

Good job.
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “May 2016”