Dan

Tell us what you thought about the February 2017 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Megawatts
Master Critic

Dan

Post by Megawatts »

Love the cover but what's special is Dan's video editorial! I'm been listening to it. He talks about Aphelion, its beginning, its length and its future. I think we all can say that it's the best on the Web!. I've visited other sites through the years, but I haven't found one as good a Aphelion. Dan is one hell of a good guy, keeping the best site up and running it all these years and getting no money from it. If we figured the amount of time Dan spend running Aphelion and awarded him minimum wage for the hours he spent, he would be a millionaire many times over! And all the other staff that has worked under him would also have a nice chunk of change! We can't say enough about Dan, his staff and Aphelion!
Tesla Lives!!!
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: Dan

Post by Lester Curtis »

Glenn, we'd all love to see the archives completed and working, but if we had to pay for that, I'm not sure we could afford it.

I've asked about this myself, thinking, "How hard can it be?" The answer was, "Uhh ... it's complicated." I don't remember what further explanation was offered, but that's probably because Cthulhu stole it from my brain and ate it. It may have belonged to him to begin with.

On the serious side, though, I'd pitch some bucks at that.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Re: Dan

Post by kailhofer »

Just listened to the editorial. Nice job, Dan.

I would like to make two small corrections, though.

You *can* still get the hardcover and paperback editions of Flash of Aphelion at Lulu.com, in addition to the ebook versions that are available just about anywhere. (No part of the sales of that go to Aphelion, if anyone doesn't know. Those proceeds are all divided between its 17 authors.)

And I believe we were in the top ten at P&E for best fiction webzine for the last *three* years, not two. I don't have that in front of me, but I believe I'm right on that. I think those are the ones we have award graphics for, anyway.

Party on.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Return to “February 2017”