Scraps

Tell us what you thought about the February 2017 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Megawatts
Master Critic

Re: Scraps

Post by Megawatts »

Scraps reminded me of Marley, the world’s worst dog; however, Marley died and scraps will never die.

I like the human element in this story, even with a rob dog. That’s the making of a good dog sci-fi story, by giving the rob identifiable dog traits. Eva started to like the rob dog and even think of it as a real dog.

Good intro for it captured my attention and held my interest. The story is a classical dog tale set in space, near asteroids with families that are settlers. However, I get the impression that Eva’s family is the last out their for she misses her friend, Bridgett and Bridgett’s family. The dog is a nice gesture to get Bridgett’s mind off her loneliness. It works. Eva accepts Scraps but doesn’t like to show it.

Scraps saves Eva from a radiation storm at the end, and that clinches the bond between Eva and Scraps.

The story was crafted with the idea of making the characters came alive. It worked. The characters came alive to me, and I could picture scraps running around and getting into mischief.

A nice well written dog story set out in the cosmos and who knows? It just might take place in the future!

Nice job.
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “February 2017”