Best ofs: The Blind Collaborators

Tell us what you thought about the April 2017 issue!

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Best ofs: The Blind Collaborators

Post by kailhofer »

I had no idea Lester had selected this one for his Best of list! If you haven't read it, please do. You'll like it.

I wrote two parts of this story, originally as flash pieces: "Armin Arm," and "Jaga and a Smile." Others wrote other parts. I don't remember which parts came from whom anymore, and I was just a contributor in it anyway.

The whole thing was put together by Gareth D. Jones (whom we affectionately referred to as "The Other Gareth"), and I thought the whole thing was just a hoot. None of us knew what the others were writing. Then Gareth, himself now a successful pro published in more different languages than I could count, added a little connective tissue and, bang!, it became one whole story, almost like we had been working together the whole time.

It was a ton of fun, and a good story. The next time he wonders by here I hope he stops in to take another bow for this one, because it's still just as good as back in '07 when we all wrote it.

I always thought a project like this would work again here.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: Best ofs: The Blind Collaborators

Post by Lester Curtis »

Clever piece of work! It seemed pretty disjointed at first, and I had a little trouble figuring out jaga, but all in all it turned out to be quite satisfactory.

I wouldn't mind seeing this happen again.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Return to “April 2017”