When This Temple Shall Lay to Rest by Olatubosun David

Tell us what you thought about the May 2018 Issue!

Moderator: Editors

Lipinski
Master Critic

When This Temple Shall Lay to Rest by Olatubosun David

Post by Lipinski »

Man, what a mouthful just writing the subject line. Just the name, Olatubosun sounds like a poem by itself, especially when David is added.

Anyway, this poem was great for many reasons. The main reason I really liked this piece was how the author used English words to do his will and not let the words submit to them.

Words have a way of taking away from what the author wants to say but instead follows the stupid rules some idiots in some English department at some fancy university decided that a writer must follow. A true writer makes the rules and writes using any language, any word, anything and all as he/she/it decides to express. This is the success for writing and definitely not some 'set' format beaten into students of writing all around the globe.

Along with his beating the words into submission, the content/feel of the poem was most excellent for this reader.

Good job, Olatubosun.
Lipinski
Master Critic

Re: When This Temple Shall Lay to Rest by Olatubosun David

Post by Lipinski »

I say it as I see it and I say you have a cool name: Olatuboson Eniloluwa David. If you don't mind me asking, is there any special meaning to the first two names? Like, 'One who hunts tigers, or catches fish with bare hands'? I think my first name means, 'one who eats a lot' while Lipinski is a word for tree.

Anyway, I digress (again)

You're welcome, as your poem caught my mind very easily and I greatly enjoyed it. Actually, all the poetry here on Aphelion is pretty good in my opinion but there are some like yours that rise above the norm.

As to Facebook... While I have an account I never use it. (I started it because someone started an account in my name pretending to be me...Yikes! Me? They'd be better off trying to be someone interesting, such as the guy working at the local sewer plant)

Anyway, I have an immensely strong opinion about Facebook... In MY opinion, it is a huge, highly overated, intrusive, power hungry, money-generating, politically motivated company that if it fell off the face of the earth tomorrow, I would take a month off from work and celebrate! Of course, all in my humble opinion. Aphelion is a MUCH better place for writers to talk and communicate than a site that posts pictures of people's cats drowning in ketchup or the ten billion baby picture showing junior throwing up after eating their first pop tart.

Return to “May 2018”