Poetry

Tell us what you thought about the August 2018 Issue!

Moderator: Editors

Lipinski
Master Critic

Poetry

Post by Lipinski »

Read this months batch of poetry and thinking more people need to write poetry. Deluge Iain with poetry submissions!

Started reading the short stories and finding them nice to sort through.
Lipinski
Master Critic

Re: Poetry

Post by Lipinski »

Good point.

Writing poems is something every person does and can do just by the simple fact of being alive.

I haven't submitted any poems in awhile as I thought it good that others get some poems in, so been placing my stuff in my little playground of writing where I can annoy my parasite.

It would be fun to see more of your poetry and Lester and heck, everyone's! In fact, much like the monthly flash challenge, a monthly poem challenge would be great also.

For example: For August, write a poem and submit it as poetry with the topic being... 'A Summer Storm on Mars'.

As far as the four poems submitted for this months edition of Aphelion, all enjoyable.
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Post by Lester Curtis »

Careful, Robin, you might talk yourself into a job. LOL!
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Lipinski
Master Critic

Post by Lipinski »

You're right Lester. And actually, I wouldn't mind doing a monthly poetry challenge once the Summer is over. Basically, it would be a challenge and people (hopefully) would submit. There would be no voting, no restrictions unless some Federal Law concerning terrorism is broken, and people could read and give constructive feedback.

I'd be curious to see how people would write a poem when give a specific topic, such as, 'Alien pudding redux', or 'My mother was my father'.

Return to “August 2018”