The Burden by Bill Wolfe

Tell us what you thought of the December/January issue.

Moderator: Editors

Megawatts
Master Critic

The Burden by Bill Wolfe

Post by Megawatts »

Quite an epoch! The Silicatas--a race, or force, or wavelength composed of matter or non-matter--can only be studied under the rules of Quantum Physics? Unless I miss-understood them---it’s easy to do---and believe me when I say that I never want to meet one, but I might already know one----according to quantum Physics---and it might be studying me---overall this story has merit! <br><br>We don’t know all life forms on earth, yet! Every year a new life form is discovered, like the tea-cup monkey or a new breed of deer in Asia. The tea-cup monkey and the new breed of deer can be studies with our natural senses! And we missed them for years!<br><br>Does anything live on earth that has evolved along the lines of stealth so radically that our eyes, ears, and nose can’t detect it? An animal that lives, breaths, eats and reproduces, yet has never been seen? Big Foot? Maybe, for evolution has created so many unusual animals, that one with such stealth ability just might exist, and be lurking in your back yard at night. I’ve narrowed my topic to an animal---maybe a breed of cats or dogs, but if you expand your thoughts to the universe, then Bill’s story just might be history!<br><br>As story like this one spurs the mind. Just think about Silicata life, if that is the correct reference to it. <br><br>The story was well crafted and interesting to read. For some strange reason, Stephen King’s, The Langoliers, kept popping into my head as I read it, but believe me, this story is no copy. And far from it!<br><br>Each reader of a story draws different thoughts and feeling as his/her eyes soak up the sentences. That’s what makes good writing so fruitful. And the more I think about this story, the more my imagination turns over and over! Thanks very much, Bill!<br><br>To get back to the story, poor Darus lost a love that turned out to be a Silicata product!<br>I can just imagine his face when he realized that! Yet, a tear, frozen in an eye, indicated that she/it might have loved him just for himself. <br><br>I might not have completely understood what the Silicata are, or how they fit into the universe, but radio waves reaching out into space might attract aliens. Just think, it’s only been about ninety-years since powerful transmitters began to send signals that could leave our atmosphere. Ninety-years of light speed is nothing compared to the vastness of space.<br><br>Great story! One of the best I have read, ever!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Tesla Lives!!!
Megawatts
Master Critic

Re: The Burden by Bill Wolfe

Post by Megawatts »

The pictures were refreshing. Nice touch which added to the direction of the story. <br><br>Some might say that a picture will take away from the reader's imagination or mind's eye! I don't believe that.<br>The pictures in this story stimulated my imagination even more I think. <br><br>I think this story had just the right amount of pictures spaced in it. However, too many pictures would water a story down like adverbs!
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “December 2005/January 2006”