I Won't Mention Apophasis by J. B. Toner

Tell us what you thought about the December & January Issues!

Moderator: Editors

Lipinski
Master Critic

I Won't Mention Apophasis by J. B. Toner

Post by Lipinski »

This story reminded me of how interesting it is to read stories written by 'learned' people compared to those written by children or those not experienced with written language.

It was instantly apparent in this story that the author not only has a grasp of the English language but also has a grasp on topics the average reader most likely does not understand.

It is true that make-believe doctors on television mush shows do a great job of snowing the viewer with 'techno' speak. However, as a reader I felt the author got a 'techno' version of this story across very well.

For me, it worked. For some readers, I feel they will become bored as a lot of 'modern' readers only to understand emoji's, mushy stories and texts.
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: I Won't Mention Apophasis by J. B. Toner

Post by Lester Curtis »

Nice, a fresh look at First Contact. And it's one of those stories that ends with a box of questions and next to no answers. Does it always require lots of alcohol and electric shocks? Will they talk to anyone, or just those trying to learn more? Are they telepathic?

Stimulating. Thanks.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Megawatts
Master Critic

Re: I Won't Mention Apophasis by J. B. Toner

Post by Megawatts »

The world of quantum physics which I must say is fascinating and beyond certainty. It's been a number of years since I read In Search Of Schrodinger’s Cat or other articles on the subject. The mathematics is interesting but I haven’t venture into that in over forty years.

It is amazing how Emerson’s Transcendentalism almost compliments quantum physics in which there is more that just plan reality to ponder! Certainly the act of taking everything into one’s mind and ranking it, suggests that things are not what they always appear! Oh, well, both these subjects can’t be learned only experienced for once you learn one, you have not understood it. The electric shock? In quantum physics it might be a massage! Also in quantum physic if you want a outcome, you get it!

Interesting story that does take us into the mysterious world of quantum physics and suggest the uncertainty of it!

nice one!
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “December 2018-January 2019”