Spaced Out by Daniel Sosa

Tell us what you thougth about the November 2005 issue!

Moderator: Editors

M._Maldonado
Commenter

Spaced Out by Daniel Sosa

Post by M._Maldonado »

I really enjoyed this story, overall. I found Buck Buckley's cocky, stuck-up inner voice to be very amusing (the same goes for his interaction with the bitter crew and other characters). I'm distinctly reminded of Zap Brannigan, a character from the animated show Futurama (He was just as cocky, obnoxious, and frustration-inducing as Buck). I honestly have to wonder if Buck wasn't at least partly inspired by that character. O.o<br><br>The only thing I can complain about is that at times the action was confusing, as it seemed under-described. This is mostly a nitpick, though, as I enjoyed the story despite it. Kudos to Mr. Sosa for making such an entertaining read.<br><br><br>~MM
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Spaced Out by Daniel Sosa

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

...My eyes dotted left and right
??
-- david j.
<br><br>Um, I'm guessing he meant 'My eyes darted left and right." Although maybe he was being careful, and wanted to be sure he 'dotted his eyes'. ::)<br><br>Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Daniel_Sosa
Commenter

Post by Daniel_Sosa »

I don't know how why but I can't write a story without making myself look like I just graduated an ESL class.<br><br>M. Maldonado: <br><br>Under description is a critique I hear a lot so it's clearly something I need to work on. I want things to happen too quickly. <br><br>Buck is a combination of different things both real and fictional. I did watch the show, so I inevitably thought of Zap. Zap, coincidenly, is a lot like the Lawyer in the Simpsons and a lot like Duffman, too. <br><br>I am shocked that no one suggested I was trying to make fun of Buck Rogers of the 25th Century. Not that I was, but I'm just surprised. Warner Bros. did a spoof of that show in a cartoon called Duck Dodgers in the 25h and A Half Century. I always liked Daffy's attitude. At least the guy had ideas. Bugs Bunny was just a jerk.
M._Maldonado
Commenter

Post by M._Maldonado »

Well, I'm not sure if I'm the best person to say someone is underdescribing something. After all, I think my own story in November's issue was probably over-written. O.o;<br><br>Zap was originally supposed to be voiced by the same guy who did the Lawyer, I believe, so that's where the similarity there comes from.<br><br>~MM

Return to “November 2005”