Lunar Roller Coaster by Alan J. Wahnefried

The August 2022 issue is now online! Tell us what you think about the new stories!

Moderator: Editors

Megawatts
Master Critic

Lunar Roller Coaster by Alan J. Wahnefried

Post by Megawatts »

Nice start — piqued my interest. We see that Dr. Steinhagen is a hard-headed know-it-all from the beginning who likes to insult others.

The story shows how alternate thinking — or thinking outside the box — can save money and even earn money for a cause if administered properly. Watching people be themselves especially in a challenging situation, can indicate their real worth much better than a series of tests. Getting the individual to pay, well, what could be better than that.

Reminds me of a story I heard once and I believe it is true. At a large corporation — I’m leaving the name out — five candidates were interviewed for two engineering position. They were all called in about week later and they all sat together in the waiting room of the personal manger. The secretary on purpose tipped over a vase full of water with flowers. It smashed on the floor. She started to pick up some pieces when two of the candidate engineers started to help her. Finally, the janitor came in and finished the job. The personal manger came out and told the other three-engineering candidate that just sat on their chairs to go home. He hired the two that helped the secretary.

Good job with this story.
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “August 2022”