Good new writer

Tell us what you thought of Aphelion's 100th issue!

Moderator: Editors

bcrossland
Commenter

Good new writer

Post by bcrossland »

I just read this months edition and thought Orestes Ramos' "To Learn a Sword" was a pretty good story. Well narrated and exciting. For his first short story I must say its a good start.<br><br>I can't wait to read about Lazarus's next adventure. Keep up the good work Orestes. <br><br>-Bryan<br><br>
maverickraven
Commenter

Re: Good new writer

Post by maverickraven »

Lol... I have been advertising this issue like mad... 8)
michele0604
Commenter

Post by michele0604 »

I just wanted to say that I agree with the first comment. I liked the story and I think it has a lot of growth potential. It left me wanting to hear more about the characters and their adventures...I hope he can continue writing stories for aphelion.
hirokum
Commenter

Post by hirokum »

I'm not used to reading such long works, but I liked it a lot. I think it has sort of a comic book feel to it, which I definitely dig into. It's got great characters, excellent plot especially if you think of possible future stories. It looks like it could follow the same character again. I want to see more of it. Is there a website by any chance? Good things!
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Well, at least you're not suggesting that the Good New Writer has registered a whole whack of userids (I don't think there's anything preventing you from using the same legit e-mail address more than once, is there?) so he could input a bunch o' raves. You're just saying that he has a lot of friends. (Now THERE's proof that he'll never be a GREAT new writer. The real geniuses (genii?) are too weird to have friends.)<br><br>Of course, if he was a former Sony employee (writing rave reviews for Sony movies so they could be quoted in ad campaigns) or poster of slanted reviews at amazon.com, that would be a different matter.<br><br>Then again, maybe he's just SO good that our lurkers are emerging from hiding at long last!<br><br>Robert M.
Last edited by Robert_Moriyama on February 17, 2006, 08:28:33 PM, edited 1 time in total.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
maverickraven
Commenter

Post by maverickraven »

Wow you guys... I don't know why you have to get like that about it and insinuate that I would sign up several times with different user names. I have a myspace profile with over a hundred friends on it, I just send mass bulletins asking people to check out my work... I am proud of being published and being published by aphelion no less, so I wanted the word to get out. Is it a crime to have friends read your work now? :-X<br><br>oh sorry, and the website is www.worldoftierrah.com it doesn't have anything much on it right now, but hopefully soon there'll be more substance. I am creating a myspace profile for it pretty soon as well though...
Last edited by maverickraven on February 17, 2006, 09:12:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.
maverickraven
Commenter

Post by maverickraven »

Lol... I didn't mean to make it seem like I'm too sensitive, I just don't want people to think I'm a cheat either... Seriously though, if you guys don't have myspace, you really should get it. The bulletins I posted were reposted by my friends, and reposted by their friends, and next thing you know, it can turn into a nice little ad campaign. I don't want you to think I was hurt by the posts, if I gave off that feeling I'm sorry, I was just afraid of the first impression that was being made, that's all.
Last edited by maverickraven on February 17, 2006, 09:27:46 PM, edited 1 time in total.
bcrossland
Commenter

Post by bcrossland »

Been reading the other posts on this thread and wanted to give my 2 cents......I am definately new to Aphelion, and I am aware of it as a result from a mysapce bulletin. Now that I know a site like this exists I am proud to say Ill be visiting more often to catch other writers. This was by no means a thread by a "friend" to get hype going.....Hopefully that will become apparent as I begin posting more on these boards. <br><br>Cheers,<br><br>-b

Return to “February 2006”