A Fish Out of Water  By Linda Kelly

Tell us what you thought of Aphelion's 100th issue!

Moderator: Editors

Megawatts
Master Critic

Re: A Fish Out of Water  By Linda Kelly

Post by Megawatts »

Nice story! I love ‘out of time’ stories and this one was unique. A spaced out hippy tripping on LSD who thinks that she is hallucinating but she is really in a bar far into the future, well, that’s a setting for a story that you don’t read too often.<br><br>The characters in that space bar did remind me of charachters in a bar, and the description was good.<br><br>When Sunshine Rainbow danced, and they thought that she wasn’t too good, that added a senses of realism because a spaced out hippy from the sixties dancing in a bar far into the future and on another world, would appeared weird. She would have too! Similar to Vienna ladies from the last century who waltz, trying to disco! Nice touch.<br><br>I enjoyed this story, and some day I’ll have to drop in and have a drink!<br>
Tesla Lives!!!
LindaKelly
Commenter

Re: A Fish Out of Water  By Linda Kelly

Post by LindaKelly »

It is so much fun to receive feedback on my scribblings.<br><br>Dan, thank you for your very kind words. I am honored that you, the creator of the characters, said I stayed true to them. I find them delightful as they are and feel no need to change, diminish or enhance them. <br><br>A couple of you have expressed disappointment that the Hippie, Sunshine Rainbow, didn't take anything of significance back to her own time. Although the hippie in no way resembles me, I do draw from my experience. I am pretty sure I went through about ten years of the 60's and most of the 70's. Unfortunately, I remain significantly unscathed by my supposedly numerous experiences during that time. I did warn you in the first paragraph what was going (or not going) to happen to<br>my fish--er, character.  Respectfully, Linda Kelly
Last edited by LindaKelly on March 07, 2006, 04:06:06 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “February 2006”