Middle of Nowhere by Feza Akcasu

Tell us What you thought of the October 2006 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Middle of Nowhere by Feza Akcasu

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Ms. Pillsbury would have been very disappointed in her pest-control service -- er, security firm -- if the paparazzo HAD actually found her. (After all, they charge out-of-this-world prices! ;))

Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Megawatts
Master Critic

Re: Middle of Nowhere by Feza Akcasu

Post by Megawatts »

Interesting read, and one that captivated me.

Good description at the beginning, for I could feel the desert and sense the loneliness as
Jamie Mills searched for his ultimate prize: Sandra Pillsbury. I liked the name used.

The poor Paparazzo. Well, they are viewed as pests, and one that get zapped up in a giant
bug-zapper has fulfilled some dreams of many Hollywood celebrities! ( Paris Hilton not included.)

I thought it might be an alien capturing device to transport human back to their home plant, but when I read ‘wisp of burnt smell wafting up towards the stars’ I realized that it must be a bug-zapper. And the crickets returning to their normal night time serenades in only a moment, showed that they are very familiar to the bug-zapper, and it must be used often. Nice!

The story was easy to follow and Feza used good sentence structure and balanced them well. Not sharp breaks or shifts.
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “October 2006”