Frailty

Tell us What you thought of the October 2006 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Frailty

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Man, it's a good thing my title is 'Editor' rather than 'Fact Checker' ... :-[

Robert "I'm a Canuck, how would I know any of that stuff?" M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

...btw i don't feel Georgia's that desolate anymore. i'd put this tale in Nebraska or Okie, or maybe somewhere around Amarillo....

Lee
And, of course, gonorrhea and syphilis were 'French' diseases (to the English), etc., etc. The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence, but there's a rusted-out car up on blocks, an old icebox and wringer washing machine under the half-dead oak tree, and Ma and Pa seem to share a certain family resemblance...

Robert 'On behalf of them there Cornhuskers and Okies' M.
(Texans don't get any help from me until they disown that Bush feller, who's a Yale gra-u-eight and not a real Texan anyhow.)

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

yes this story did have a lot in common with the texas chainsaw massacre. of course Rob made it into a Dubya dig.

Lee
I don't recall any enormous swallow-you-whole snakes in TCS, its sequel, remake, or prequel. (Maybe because I haven't seen any of them?) But was that Mr. Firefly hiding behind that bush -- er, shrub?

Never let it be said that I won't kick a Dubya when he's down. But GWB's Master Plan to change his title to Glorious People's Democratic -- er -- Republican Leader for Life, and then make the Presidency a hereditary post so Jenna can have a turn, is still on. And he still controls those DHS death squads, so I'll do my kickin' from up here north of the border where it's safe -- hey, who's that pounding on the door? Oh my God, it's mercenaries subcontracted by Halliburton! Heellllp!

Jack London (1876-1916)

Return to “October 2006”