Listen By Stephen Patrick

Tell us what you think of the April 2008 issue.

Moderator: Editors

Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Listen By Stephen Patrick

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

I'm sure Our Hero was relieved to find out that the voice in his head wasn't just a result of head injuries sustained in the crash... On the other hand, finding out that you and your fellow soldiers can be used as puppets on the whim of a distant controller can't be a pleasant thing (hence his replacement of Gabriel).

Mind control is probably the sort of thing that has Pentagon types salivating -- one step beyond the virtual brainwashing required to convince a fighting man or woman that the people on the wrong end of their weapons are less than human (which has been known to fail, or backfire when the same mindset is applied to people Back Home).

RM
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Megawatts
Master Critic

Re: Listen By Stephen Patrick

Post by Megawatts »

Nice action story with good description. This story holds your interests and mirrors the popularity of Mind Control.

I remember when ’Brainwashing’ was the big thing, then Hypnotism and finally during the 60’s brain implants started showing up more and more.

Soldiers with implants would really put a grin on a generals face-- I’m sure about that--- and many politician would also have smiles!  

Stalin wanted to create an army of ape men---from what the history channel said---but  I’m sure he also had designs on brain washing and possibly implants---although at that time it would have been impossible.  

With today’s microprocessors, implants for mainly medical use are on the drawing boards, and many experimental trials are taking place at this moment.

I can’t believe that the inferno projectors would malfunction when snow or even water spilled over them. In the future I’m sure weapons will be completely encapsulated from environmental forces, especially water and snow.

The story from beginning to end is action filled, and with the good writing and superb use of dialogue, as I said before, this one holds you interests!

Nice job!!
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “April 2008”