Human Resources By Nora B. Peevy

Tell us what you thought of the August 2008 issue

Moderator: Editors

Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Human Resources By Nora B. Peevy

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

I questioned the wisdom of having the portrait on display (and using the same names!), but figured that the doctors depended on two things: only their employees would have access to the records (and their employees must be VERY well compensated); and everyone, including employees who did not become donors, would tend to rationalize away the more fantastic and in this case accurate interpretation of the apparent "coincidences".

You have to admit that the scenario would probably make Scott Adams (Dilbert creator) jealous -- I don't think even HIS Pointy-Haired Boss and Bald CEO have gone quite this far.

RM
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Human Resources By Nora B. Peevy

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

I thought the story was really well-written, but just one question. If all the donors were only donating certain body parts (since they were only 'off sick' unusually often and not actually gone), surely once you became a donor you would have noticed what the doctors were doing, and done something about it? or did I miss something there?
My guess: they were VERY well compensated (cash, promotions, perquisites). That, or the not-so-good-Doctors developed very effective mind control techniques along with their immortality-by-transplant regimen. Or both.

RM
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Return to “August 2008”