Visily's Run: A Tale of the City By Alexander Veli

Tell us what you thought about the July 2008 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Megawatts
Master Critic

Re: Visily's Run: A Tale of the City By Alexander

Post by Megawatts »

An interesting and easy-reading story with a twist at the end. A twist that I didn’t figure out as I read the story. In this one we see good story telling. First, the story held my interest, a must for any story whether the writing is first-class or just so-so. The writing in this story is very good.

Second, an easy read that also helps to keep a reader’s eyes on the story.

Third, we get into the head of Visily--the assassin’s thoughts and feelings help to give Visily character. And we find that Visily is alive with thoughts and observations and opinions with just about everything! Nice.

The knife dropped into the guard’s head must have been very well balanced and designed for such use. I’m not into knifes, but the ones I use or know about could not do that. Yet, I’m sure that knifes like the one used in this story are available, somewhere.

Visily’s first kill in the story was described very well and the reference to the city fitting.

The story implies that Visily is being tested again and again, and as he hunts down his target, he is being watched by other assassins from the same agency that he works for.

The 'company' must have plans for Visily---maybe management----since they take extreme interest in his preformance. They test him and watch him and he seems to know all about it!!

The old theme, good against bad is never out-dated, and this story proves that!!

A very magnetic story and one that the reader has to finish for the story is also captivating.

Very good job!!!!
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “July 2008”