Electrocuting The Clowns By David Byron

Tell us what you thought about the March 2008 issue!

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Re: Electrocuting The Clowns By David Byron

Post by kailhofer »

I'm glad that I finally got a chance to read this one, because I really liked the title.

I don't care for clowns, but as I understand it, that's a popular sentiment. Perhaps the notion of a clown execution appeals to me on some subconscious level.

Maybe I'm just simple, but I really prefer when I know what the heck happened in a story I just read. This style of story usually leaves me hopelessly in the dark, and then I hate it. However, this particular story, at least I felt like I halfway knew what was going on. The boy was obviously being used, whether for an imaginary threat or a real one. He clearly flipped in some degree, but the warlock element lent itself that maybe the story was exactly as written: Warlock in the body of a clown attacking a semi-loopy kid for the amusement of a tease.

Or maybe he was just ritually sacrificing dolls, people thought that was too crazy to ignore, and they gave him the rubber room treatment. Or maybe the last one was really a kid brother he murdered, or something.

However it actually turned out, I followed it up to that point.

I couldn't say it was particularly scary, though, since I didn't know what was real or not.

Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Return to “March 2008”