To be, Arnold to be!

Tell us what you thought about the May 2004 issue!

Moderator: Editors

Wedge
Commenter

To be, Arnold to be!

Post by Wedge »

This story was funny! I read it out loud with an Austrian accent. Well done!
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: To be, Arnold to be!

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Bwahahahaha! Billy Dee Williams is second only to Arnold in greatness! Van Damme will be so disappointed!<br><br>Reminiscent of the business satires of Pohl and Kornbluth, with a little Harvard Lampoon thrown in. The image of Albert with Conan hair and Twins wardrobe is hilarious.<br><br>The concept that "Never the Loser" would apply in what passes for Real Life was needed to allow a "happy ending" (well, not so happy for the sliced and diced Schwartz-corp soldiers), but was a little bit much, when everything else in the story managed to stay in the realm of the silly-but-possible ...<br><br>Hey, put down that sword!<br>
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
upiornagi
Commenter

Post by upiornagi »

Ah, Billy Dee - he IS the greatest. I always loved him as Lando. In my world, he will always be number one with a bullet. <br><br>Thanks for the great feedback. Wow, for once someone who doesn't say, "I don't get it!". I, too, think that the story is silly but possible, but then again, so are Arnold's movies (not all, but most!). <br><br>If you like my sense of humor, check out my story titled, "And the Word unmade Flesh" on Bygone Days historical fiction, or my series, "Eat my Scorch!" on Apocalypse Fiction. Feel free to send me an email!<br><br>Thanks Aphelion for posting my work. <br><br>Don't drink and bake!
upiornagi
Commenter

Post by upiornagi »

Thank you for the amazing comments and feedback. I guess I should thank Aphelion once again since they were the first to accept this story after numerous rejections from 'other' sites. <br><br>And thanks for reminding me to spellcheck :) Sometimes, it is too late and the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet. <br><br>As for the 'cookies' reference - this one is from Twins. The blonde walks in on Arnie and says, "I made you some cookies." His response, if I remember correctly, is, "Cookies! I can't wait to toss them!" <br><br>Mike<br><br>

Return to “May 2004”