The Bars Within My Mind By The Rev. Theresa Jackso

Tell us what you think about the August Issue

Moderator: Editors

janis
Commenter

Re: The Bars Within My Mind By The Rev. Theresa Ja

Post by janis »

I’m not into self-confessional poetry. But with a little bit of tweaking I think you could make this into a good song. And definitely leave out the pauses.
I don't take drugs: I am drugs. ~ Salvador Dali
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

I’m not into self-confessional poetry. But with a little bit of tweaking I think you could make this into a good song. And definitely leave out the pauses.
<br>I'm 99-44/100% (Ivory pure) sure that Rev. Jackson already has a melody for this. The (PAUSE)es may indicate instrumental passages and would be included here to preserve the overall rhythm / timing of the piece.<br><br>Rev. Jackson, did you see the thread about the possibility of posting MP3 or some other form of audio files for those poems and filksongs that DO have music to go with them? (viz. Administrivia, 'Audio files -- but for filk songs, not stories') Maybe if you still have contact with choir members and the church organist, you could record any of your poems that are actually songs. Maybe even sell CDs on eBay!<br><br>Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Post by kailhofer »

I couldn't help but think this read like the lyrics to an old Metallica song, only defeated instead of angry.
<br>Thank you very much. Now when I look at this one, I get "Harvester of Sorrow" from And Justice for All stuck in my head. ;)<br><br>Nate<br>
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Return to “August 2004”