The Sorceror from Sand Creek by McCamy Taylor

Tell us what you thought of the December 2007 issue.

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

The Sorceror from Sand Creek by McCamy Taylor

Post by kailhofer »

Another truly interesting tale. I can honestly say I've never seen a specfic story set in the Civil War era before. Neat.

Intriguing treatment of the topic. Good characters. A bit racy, too.

However, I can't quite put my finger on it. There was something unfulfilling about it. Two people, unhappy with their existence, find each other. That should be good. I can't honestly say what isn't good about that.

I think maybe it was that Conell found his happiness by doing what he didn't want to do in the first place, and that was ok for him. Why would that be so? All he really wanted was to be loved? Of course, she doesn't really seem like she does. He seems more a means to an end to get the books to Ireland.

Maybe it was the story starts in Conell's perspective, then switches in the middle. That kind of implied that his would be the relevant conundrum that needed to be solved, instead of Miranda's.

I dunno.

Regardless, I have to applaud the range of believable settings I've seen in your stories. You certainly don't limit your imagination to one genre or time period. Outstanding.

Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Return to “December 2007”