Editorial

Tell us what you thought about the July 2004 issue.

Moderator: Editors

K._Vesi

Editorial

Post by K._Vesi »

Dan, <br><br>I always like your editorials about the craft of writing. They're inspirational and sure to send fellow writers back to their pens and paper (or keyboard and computer screen).<br><br>Unfortunately my biggest interruption is the tv guide!<br><br>Kathleen
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Re: Editorial

Post by kailhofer »

(Picture a man at a podium before a small crowd in folding chairs.)<br><br>"Hi," the man at the podium begins in mournful tones. "My name is Nate, and I read the editorials."<br>The twelve-step crowd replies mechanically, "Hi, Nate."<br><br><br>At the very least, I think this one was a lot more useful to me than the one about slaughtering kudzu. :)<br><br>Seriously, I tried the middle of a sentence thing and it didn't work for me. If it was the end of a night, I try to leave a cliff-hanger sentence that will inspire more, but called down for lunch, I was unprepared. I was rolling on a story I was writing. Now, I'm staring at an orange screen with no inspiration. (I find its easier to look at an orange screen with 16 pt black Geneva type when my eyes are tired. And if that's not odd enough, all my heroes are named Jack or Jackie when I first write them and then changed later to something that sounds better...) <br><br>I need at least another one or two thousand words before I can reach the resolution I figured out this morning.<br><br>Any other ideas for getting back into it?? <br><br>Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Return to “July 2004”