Trial by Intimacy by Claude Hopper

Tell us what you thought about the June Issue.

Moderator: Editors

Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Trial by Intimacy by Clause Hopper

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

I 'magine he's right irritated that the comments he DID get got posted under a ring-tailed possumization of his NAME, too. This Clause Hopper thing sounds like some kind of lawyer-fella takin' liberties with a contract, not a good ol' boy whose pal Dan'l has god-like powers (leastwise in places of his creation).<br><br>... which is a fine example of why I don't use dialect (much, anyway) when I write, and why Stephen King should probably try to cut back, thankee-sai.<br><br>Claude's accent kinda got on my nerves after a while, although it did help visualize him as a rig-driving son of a hound. I reckon he could've removed them pesky villainous types who was tryin' to ex-ploit Dan'l's powers by sprayin' them down with some well-chawed t'bacca (which he'd had to hold in 'cause the Mare is a tad short on spitoons), if Dan'l hadn't Edited them to death.<br><br>Guess I'd better watch my step, or Claude'll have Dan'l write ME into a fix, prob'ly involvin' a love-sick D'rrish and a jacuzzi full'a Regulan bloodworms. T'were a fun enough tale, overall ...<br><br>Robert M.
Last edited by Robert_Moriyama on June 17, 2004, 06:19:46 PM, edited 1 time in total.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Trial by Intimacy by Claude Hopper

... Of course, this ability to modify your posts can make other posts retroactively meaningless! My 'clause hopper' line makes no sense now, or worse, it looks like I'm the one who made the error.<br><br>Yes, it IS all about me, damnit! (Also, I DO own the road ...)<br><br>Robert M.

Jack London (1876-1916)
lokifan

Post by lokifan »

I am laughing and pointing. Thanx 4 proving I was rite all along - growing up IS optional!
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Speaking of toys, here's a page of mine that hasn't been updated in a while. Its slow to load, because its heavy with photos.
http://www.aphelion-webzine.com/casavil ... trimag.htm
Enjoy!
Dan
<br>Dan<br><br>Since there are no more Repair Log entries after that last one from 2003(?), are we to assume that the Tri-Mag is back on the road? Also, considering your day (/ evening / night, depending on shift) job, would it be safe to assume that the cockpit is -- ahem -- well insulated?<br><br>Robert M.

Jack London (1876-1916)
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Post by kailhofer »

Shouldn't a man with his own SF webzine have to drive a far out car like that? :)<br><br>Something like that should come with the charter...<br><br>Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Return to “June 2004”