Notes on Notes

Tell us what you thought about the April 2004 issue!

Moderator: Editors

doc
WebMaven

Notes on Notes

Post by doc »

First of all, congratulations to Robert Moriyama, for spawning the first lettercol thread in the new lettercol to spread to 2 pages of replies. :)<br><br>If you haven't already, folks, take a gander at the Profile->Modify screen. You can set your Display Name (which need not be your login), fill in some stats, and even link to a picture of yourself. (I purposefully disabled the "display picture in messages" feature so that you can link to whatever size photo you like. Please note that the picture will not be hosted here, so it's your bandwidth, but I think think like photos help make the community more of a community.<br><br>Once we make sure that everything is stable and secure here at the new lettercol, I'll start looking at what kind of new features can be hacked into this thing. :)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Notes on Notes

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

I'm not sure I deserve congrats for breaking the page barrier, since 2 or 3 posts relate to the Mare Inebrium (my fault for mentioning Bruce), and I made more than a few of the posts myself ...<br><br>Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
doc
WebMaven

Post by doc »

I'm not sure I deserve congrats for breaking the page barrier, since 2 or 3 posts relate to the Mare Inebrium (my fault for mentioning Bruce), and I made more than a few of the posts myself ...

Robert M.
<br><br>My personal view is that on the lettercol, as in purity tests, technicalities count. :)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

My personal view is that on the lettercol, as in purity tests, technicalities count. :)
<br><br><br>You realize, of course, that status-hungry authors will now start posting multiple comments on their own stories. Me, for instance. (Oh, wait -- this isn't the "Helen Damnation" thread -- )<br><br>Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Return to “April 2004”