It's Finally Happened!

Tell us what you thought about the April 2004 issue!

Moderator: Editors

crb2099
Commenter

It's Finally Happened!

Post by crb2099 »

I know, I know! It's been months since I've opened my mouth on Aphelion or visited the Lettercol. For that, I apologize.<br><br>However, I've been laboring away for months and months on end writing novels (and re-writing, and re-writing). Now, after all this time, I've finally done it!<br><br>Some of you probably remember the Dreamers short stories that I wrote for Aphelion back in 2001 and 2002. I was eager for feedback, even though it was clear even to myself that the work was rough around the edges (to be polite).<br><br>Well, the fine folks at Stone Garden Publishing loved my novelized re-write, which I guess had been polished just enough. It's now available as an e-book from their Web site (www.stonegarden.net).<br><br>WORD TO YOUR MOTHER! I'M A PUBLISHED FANTASY NOVELIST!!!<br><br>The reason I'm popping out of no where to say this isn't for cheap pops (though I don't discourage 'em either). I wanted to say, "Thanks!" Dan and Cary and Co. were the first souls to actually dare to accept anything I had ever written for publication. The advice that I got here helped shape that story, make it something actually akin to readable. I took my first baby steps into being a published author here. My gratitude can't be overstated.<br><br>As we speak, I'm working on my own Web site to promote the book, and also to link to the 'zines like Aphelion that have published my work thus far.<br><br>Thanks for everything!<br><br>-Christian R. Bonawandt
http://www.crbonawandt.com/
-------------
Walk without rhythm and it won't attract the worm!
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: It's Finally Happened!

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Chris<br><br>Congratulations. I found the Dreamers series intriguing from the beginning and thought that your skills as a writer improved with every story. No doubt the unified and polished version is the dreamiest Dreamers incarnation yet. Now, if you can just get everybody to order a copy from your e-publisher ... Dan, if Chris hasn't already done so, could he provide a link to his publisher's site?<br><br>Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Silly me ... it's there (www.stonegarden.net). This is what happens when you reply without quoting (so you can't see the text of the message on which you are commenting).<br><br>Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
crb2099
Commenter

Post by crb2099 »

Thanks guys!<br><br>Perhaps a con isn't right around the corner, but I've always wondered who wouldn't pay for an Aphelion collection. I once bought Quantum Muse's book thinking it would be like a Best Of, but it turned out to all be stuff by the editors . . . like I can't find that on their stupid site! Don't get me wrong, it was decent fiction, but a total bait-and-switch. <br><br>Ah, now a compilation of Aphelion stories--especially if you included some of your now-pro authors (I'm not plugging my own work b/c it's all serialized anyway)--now that would be a great buy! <br><br>What thinks you on that?<br><br>-Chris
http://www.crbonawandt.com/
-------------
Walk without rhythm and it won't attract the worm!

Return to “April 2004”