Helen Damnation by Robert Moriyama

Tell us what you thought about the April 2004 issue!

Moderator: Editors

doc
WebMaven

Re: Helen Damnation by Robert Moriyama

Post by doc »

I removed the list of "censored" words from the program. I think we're all adults here. (They were in the program by default.)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Thanks muchly for the positive review. The idea of an organ bank as punishment for capital crimes is not new: Larry Niven was using it 20 or 30 years ago (The Patchwork Man was a story about an innocent man who ended up -- well, patchwork -- as bits of him were whittled away ...). Niven also postulated that the demand for organs would cause the threshold for forfeiture of organs to slide lower and lower (lose a kidney for petty theft, an eye for fraud, etc. ...)<br><br>Helen's religious bent was kind of a joke to justify her nickname, but it did provide a core for her personality: crusader / avenging angel.<br><br>It has occurred to me that it might be fun for Helen to wind up at the Mare Inebrium where she might have an encounter with our favorite bouncer, Bruce ...<br><br>Robert M.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
CameronNeilson
Commenter

Post by CameronNeilson »

I couldn't help think while reading Moriyama's new story about what a great movie it would make. And the whole concept about the organ harvetsting bank is very cool indeed! <br><br>-Joe
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Consider yourself covered. Twenty bucks on the broad with the fanatical gleam in her eye :)
<br><br><br>By Popular Demand (Yves Popular kept bugging me to do it), I have just finished a draft of a story called Helen in Wonderland, in which Helen Mackay stumbles into the Mare and meets Bruce and Max (but not Maxwell). Dan will have to approve it, of course, and decide if/when to run it ...<br><br><br>Robert M.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Oh no! Lost another author to the Mare Inebrium!
<br><br>Not to worry TOO much -- I still have to carry on the Al Majius series (while trying not to make the stories too much like installments in a serial, which would then be JEFF's territory). On the other hand, Jeff recruited me to participate in his upcoming Nightwatch shared-world project, too ...<br><br>Robert M.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Roy_Gray
Commenter

Post by Roy_Gray »

Print on demand is notat all like vanity publishing. The writer pays nothing as far as I am aware. <br>The publicity is lacking but at least you can do something about that.

Return to “April 2004”