Call for Steampunk(ish) Submissions…

Feedback to the editors about the zine not relating to any specific issue.

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Re: Call for Steampunk(ish) Submissions…

Post by kailhofer »

ente per ente wrote:It seems that there have already been some very good entries accepted, by some well-known authors, like:

John "DavidsonHero" ROSE, Michele "Bottomdweller" DUTCHER, Dan "Vila" HOLLIFIELD, R. LIPINSKI, Thomas M. MALAFARINA, Timothy O. GOYETTE, Max TRUE, I. VERSE...

We all expect that there will be more to follow...eh,eh

:D :D :D
It makes me wish Steampunk was my thing, but it's really, really not... Good luck to all of you!
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Post by kailhofer »

ente per ente wrote:Always remember this quote:

Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
by Alfred Lord Tennyson

Have a try, why not...?It's just a sort of Sci-Fi, with a steamy setting full of smog and copper workings, after all...in a way... :D
I just can't get into steampunk. It fails the test of verisimilitude in my head when I read it, every time. I don't believe it. I don't believe in it. I can't write that way.

Even when we did steampunk challenges, I got Dan to write the example. I fully support the rest of you as you do it, but I just can't.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Post by Lester Curtis »

I feel the same way, Nate. I greatly enjoyed the movie "Steamboy" for its visual magnificence, but, that little platform thing that he rode around on—sorry, but to do a fraction of what it did would require a water tank and/or boiler the size of the Empire State Building, and I just can't get past that kind of thing. It just shatters my willing suspension of disbelief.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Return to “Administrivia”