Help Wanted: Short Story Editor

Feedback to the editors about the zine not relating to any specific issue.

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Help Wanted: Short Story Editor

Post by kailhofer »

Don Traverso has resigned his position, and I transferred back over into that slot, where I started. That leaves our Short Story Editor position vacant.

Do you have what it takes to be an editor? Have you ever done it before?

Do you love fiction?

Do you have 15-20 hours a month free to dedicate to helping people becoming better writers?

Can you hit a deadline?

If this sounds like your cup of tea, contact any of the editorial staff, and he or she will forward your interest to the rest of us.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Re: Help Wanted: Short Story Editor

Post by Lester Curtis »

Just some comments on Nate's recruitment appeal:

* Prior experience as an editor is optional (but worth extra points if you have it). I had no such experience when I accepted the Long Fiction editorial position, but look at me now! Got me some OJT, and I've been entirely ... adequate. Lately. (Thanks to Dan, Rob, Nate, et al, for all your patience and assistance!)

* Among the necessary qualifications are some familiarity with HTML code, and some familiarity with FTP. Good software (available free of charge) can take you a long way (like it does for me).

* The Short Story editor will have a lot to do. My job is really simple and easy: I only have to post one story a month, maybe two. My stories are bigger, but I only have to deal with one at a time; you'll be doing about six, give or take.

* You MUST know how to be diplomatic with rejections.

* You'll need a Facebook account.

I hope that wasn't all bad news. Just a heads-up. Just ask if you have further questions.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Return to “Administrivia”