Australian Author/Editor Robert N.Stephenson(recovered post)

Feedback to the editors about the zine not relating to any specific issue.

Moderator: Editors

ente per ente
Senior Critic

Australian Author/Editor Robert N.Stephenson(recovered post)

Post by ente per ente »

Here is another post I wrote last year that was recovered...

Australian author/publisher Robert N. Stephenson died in August 2019.

I have had news that, unfortunately, this summer, Australian author and editor/publisher Robert N. Stephenson died, aged 57.

Born in Adelaide, South Australia, he had published around 50 stories, included the notably Aurora Award winner “Rains of la Strange” in 2012. Some of his short work was collected in We Would Be Heroes (2004), The Clever Nature of Wool (2019), The Mess in My Head (2019), To an Untrained Mind (2019), and Blue Reasoning and other lesser tales (2019).

He had also launched SF magazine Altair in 1998 before closing in 2000. After that, he had focused on publishing books through Altair Publishing, renamed Altair Australia Books in 2004. Altair Australia was also a literary agency. He have also edited various anthologies, including Zombies (2007) and four volumes of The Worlds of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror series from 2016 to 2019 (where also some of my short-stories were published...).

He had spent his last months trying to help his friend, Comics Artist Conny Valentina, that had recently lost her home, her pets and her noteworthy art collection to a fire, by promoting a Horror Anthology so as to be funding her expenses and find her a new house.

Here's the link to the article that was also on Locus Magazine:

https://locusmag.com/2019/08/robert-n-s ... 1961-2018/

My condolences to his family.
www.lacenturia.it

Return to “Administrivia”