Flash Challenge: May 2017

Writing challenges, flash fiction, interesting anecdotes, amusements, and general miscellanea.

Moderator: Editors

Lipinski
Master Critic

Re: Flash Challenge: May 2017

Post by Lipinski »

Great topic. Just sent mine in. Must be getting slow. It took me almost an hour to write.

The last challenge was fun. Lots of good stories.

thanks for the good work Daniel

lets get 100 submissions for this next one. nine is not enough. twenty is not enough. I am a speed reader, I need at least fifty stories to read to even make it interesting.
Lester Curtis
Long Fiction Editor

Post by Lester Curtis »

What, wait--someone just beat Sergio for first submission--?
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?
Lipinski
Master Critic

Post by Lipinski »

Welcome to the zoo 'radagast-now'. I would wish you well and good luck in entering this months challenge but I'm going to use mind control and tell you. "You are a zombie, you are not a writer. You will not enter the challenge about mind control. You will dig a hole and lay in it and think of devouring Snicker chocolate bars..."

Did it work?

Hmmm... suddenly I have the urge to dig a hole, climb in it and devour a... Ah, heck.

Anyway, welcome.

And to anyone reading this thread that has NOT yet entered, please do. Lets get at least 200 to 300 entries. Or, maybe 20.
Lipinski
Master Critic

Post by Lipinski »

Not one, but TWO pieces of fresh meat! Welcome to the zone a-d-j and Haydn.

Got to thinking, 1000 words is the max but it would be cool, great, awesome, fantastic, wonderful, nice, interesting, (I'm forgetting some words but I'm old so I have an excuse) Anyway...where was I? Oh, yes, it would be fun to see a writer submit a story with only a 100 words.

A story sorta like those hiaku thingy-ma-jig poems. Short and mind twisting use of words.

Since this theme is mind control, it might work out.

Oh, look, string... I'm like a cat, have to go play with it. Ya all have a good day and if you're reading this and have not entered a story then... Oooh look, the string is moving! Later.
Lipinski
Master Critic

Post by Lipinski »

Sounds good Daniel. Though only mentioned the 100 words stuff to fit with the '1000 words or less'. I don't and cannot speak for other writers but I know I like to get right down as close as possible to 1000 words and sometimes have to cut out stuff otherwise it'd go to 5000 with ease.

Sometime more can be said with less. This is why I mentioned it. And a couple of challenges ago I remember a writer submitted a piece with about three hundred words.

Got a good laugh when you mentioned about hosting a contest. Ha! My idea's would be banned in all but maybe three countries in this world and in those I'd face a firing squad.

Maybe a lot more people will write on this months challenge. And new writers would even be better. Looks like it's working.

Keep up the good work.
Lipinski
Master Critic

Post by Lipinski »

Yes. But with computers becoming more intelligent, how do we know you're not spam? Or for that matter how do we know that you're not an apple or spark plug?

I think a blood sample or other DNA sample proving you're human is required.

Joking aside, welcome to the wacky world of fantasy and stories.
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Post by kailhofer »

Martin Westlake wrote:Nobody likes being yellow.
Really? I know someone for whom yellow is their favorite color.

In the case of our forum, it identifies one as a "Newly" Registered User, which unfortunately also means that you could be a spammer. The yellow helps us keep an eye on them. The best way to eliminate the yellow color is to post something in the open forum so that I can see you are a real human being and not a bot that slipped through the perimeter defense.

Enjoy your upgrade to Registered member.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Megawatts
Master Critic

Post by Megawatts »

This many stories posted for the flash fiction this month at Aphelion will be the envy of other sites! I'll try to get one in but since a personal tragedy happened in my life, I find it very difficult to write. But I'll try to push myself. Maybe one will come!

It's great to look and see that Aphelion is one of the popular sites, and I have no doubt that with the talent on board, Aphelion will have a leading place in the future!!
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “Fun and Games”