Do we need space tugs?

Writing challenges, flash fiction, interesting anecdotes, amusements, and general miscellanea.

Moderator: Editors

Ethan13
Commenter

Do we need space tugs?

Post by Ethan13 »

When magma begins to rise to the volcano's vent, it causes the soil to rise in some places. These changes in topography, although often very small, can be seen from a satellite.

Thus, a satellite system may be able to predict volcanic eruptions.

A lot can depend on completely unobvious things.

This means that we need to be able to maintain satellites and remove space debris. We need devices like space tugs.
This can help keep other devices in orbit stable. We are now very dependent on satellites.

Or am I wrong?
Lipinski
Master Critic

Re: Do we need space tugs?

Post by Lipinski »

A good idea but in my opinion this world first needs to learn how to function in an intelligent and logical fashion. Currently Earth is on the top ten list of being the planet with most ignorant intelligent species in the Milky Way. A dolphin has more intellect than any politician on this whole planet.
Ethan13
Commenter

Post by Ethan13 »

Well, that's quite possible. I would rather say that people are too belligerent to notice such things. There are a lot of good ideas. But all the money goes to the military and the delivery of all kinds of nonsense from Amazon.
Ethan13
Commenter

Post by Ethan13 »

In general, there are already quite a few good projects for cleaning up space debris. Some of them have already started their work in space. A service satellite was launched in February. Its main task is to maintain satellites to extend its service life. (Northrop Grumman or something) But it can also clean up space debris. Several companies have also developed space tugs for the same purpose. I think by 2023 there will be many active projects.
Lipinski
Master Critic

Post by Lipinski »

Another way to look at it is if the space debris mankind so fondly loves to clutter the heavens with is not cleaned up... Then just add more! Add so much that we can sit naked under the stars and watch the collisions.

Imagine the International space station getting obliterated by a Chinese satellite. It would be beautiful.

Plus, Vegas could open betting to see how many people on the surface get a wayward bolt or half a Russian booster rocket hit in the head.

Does anyone on this planet actually think there is hope for humanity? Ha! I have more faith in any other creature but a human.

But sure, a tug, or lasers, or a giant fly swatter... I suppose it would work. It is amazing how much junk is floating up above us.
Ethan13
Commenter

Post by Ethan13 »

Well, satellites are needed for satellite communications, television, the internet, meteorology and more. We just need to learn how to use it without leaving trash behind.
P.S. Almost all space debris burns up in the upper atmosphere. This means that it is not dangerous for people here.
People are also going to open the first space hotel in orbit in 2027 along with the development of space debris cleaning devices.
It sounds like a fantasy book or movie.
Ethan13
Commenter

Post by Ethan13 »

Actually, I saw a company on space news UK that developed a pretty good device. Their space tug is quite compact. Its size will allow it to be sent into orbit along with other payloads. The company has also announced the use of recycled plastic fuels, which will reduce emissions. There is still hope.
I'm talking bout skyrora.com from Edinburgh
Lipinski
Master Critic

Post by Lipinski »

Fuel launched satellite of which in orbit can be be used to either control larger debris to exit orbit over remote parts of oceans.

(silnor 44. 44)

using focused particle beam (somewhat along what a laser is but with the ability to harness vibrations to oscillate at a frequency which repels matter in a vacuum of space) force focused small bits of manmade matter to either burn up in atmosphere, plunge into selected parts of the ocean, or push on a path away from earth for an eternal journey.

Of course, some can be steered on a path toward the Sun.

This satellite is free from fuel and instead has refined palladium and copper which when fed electricity from the sunlight/solar panels, is able to allow the satellite steerage, control, and the ability to do its job.

A.I. is used to do most of the work automatically (think Roomba) with input and analysis by earthbound control.

Life expectancy is dependent on size. Smaller units for smaller jobs with a life span of five years, or larger modules that have more purposes than just cleaning junk. This will become more apparent as to what that task is in a few more years.

Vibrations control your world. Learn how to use it.

Return to “Fun and Games”