Gauging Interest in an IRC Discussion

Writing challenges, flash fiction, interesting anecdotes, amusements, and general miscellanea.

Moderator: Editors

kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Re: Gauging Interest in an IRC Discussion

Post by kailhofer »

Not sure I'm following you. Are you thinking we'd share views about a topic (like pros and cons of a technique?), more a sort of question and answer panel, or something else?

A general discussion of horror or SF (or whatever) seems a bit vague.

Nate
Last edited by kailhofer on September 24, 2007, 07:04:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Re: Gauging Interest in an IRC Discussion

Post by kailhofer »

I've only chatted a couple times, all of which were with you, Dan. Apart from when we got into suggestions for Fly By Wire, I've never really gotten past the awkward stage, where I wasn't quite sure I was doing it right. I rather felt much like Simon in FBW when he first encountered chat and could hardly tell what was going on.

For the benefit of everyone, especially those who have never tried it at all, what kinds of things are discussed on that monthly Niven chat? What kinds of things could an interested party expect to see if they logged into the chat here? (I figure the more people know about it, the more likely they are to try.)

Nate

PS. Are the brainstorming notes for FBW ever going public? I always thought they were fascinating.
Last edited by kailhofer on October 27, 2007, 02:34:12 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.

Return to “Fun and Games”