Oops -- story omitted from the Short Stories index!

Tell us what you thought about the September issue!

Moderator: Editors

Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Oops -- story omitted from the Short Stories index!

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

"Loose Contact" by Sidney Toby was supposed to be included in this month's short stories -- the file was formatted and uploaded -- but somehow got missed when I built the index file. (Apparently there's a 'loose contact' of another kind between my ears...)

This will be corrected sometime this evening. Apologies to the author, who was understandably distressed to find his work missing from its promised place.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Re: archives

Post by kailhofer »

ljgeoff wrote:I was going to point someone to the other stories that I've had here (thank you!), but found that I'm not listed in the author archives.

LJG
Don't feel slighted. I don't believe that index has been updated since early 2003. I'm not in it either.

Yoo-hoo, Archives Editor? Is that 2003 date correct?
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
doc
WebMaven

Re: archives

Post by doc »

kailhofer wrote:
ljgeoff wrote:I was going to point someone to the other stories that I've had here (thank you!), but found that I'm not listed in the author archives.

LJG
Don't feel slighted. I don't believe that index has been updated since early 2003. I'm not in it either.

Yoo-hoo, Archives Editor? Is that 2003 date correct?
The archives editor has done a fantastic job of making an index, and is waiting for the webmaven to get off his lazy $*)#! and process it into something web friendly.
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

"Short Story Index" versus "Author Index"

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

By "Short Story Index", I meant the page of links and short 'blurbs' for the current month's short stories. ("Loose Contact" is now included.)

The "Author Index" is the theoretically-date-independent route to all the pieces (short or longer stories, poems, or features) by a particular author. Unfortunately, it wasn't updated for a long time (more than four years, at this point), and required months of effort to rebuild. It still needs some thought and effort by the Webmaven (hallowed be his name) to bring it online.

In the meantime, IF your piece appeared in an issue listed under the "Back Issues" index, you can use the search function on the "Back Issues" page (hit the "Archives" button, then click on the "Index of Back Issues" link to get there) to search by Author name (try "by FirstName LastName" as the search parameter) to list the issues in which that author's name appeared. Selecting one of those issues brings up the Editorial for that issue; scroll down to the appropriate section ("Serials", "Short Stories", "Poetry", etc.) to find the link to the piece itself.

If your piece appeared in an issue not yet in the "Back Issues" list, try good old Google or your favorite search engine with search terms "Aphelion" and the author's name...

RM
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Return to “September 2008”