The Village of the Dragons

Tell us what you thought about the October 2008 issue.

Moderator: Editors

Megawatts
Master Critic

Post by Megawatts »

I liked the writing: clear, easy to follow, yet not simple but well connected between all sequential thoughts. Many storied are ‘jumpy’ with word choice and style, many are simple but their read becomes boring and difficult to focus on. This story is balanced very well with good sentence lengths, nice use of dialogue and phrasing that adds to the rhythm.

I never read ‘Sword and Sorcery.’ I try to, but I just can’t get into them. Unless the dragon comes out of a cave on some distance solar system, and the crew from the NASA Space Agency has to fend it off by throwing stones, camera, notebook-computers and using their wits to defeat this impossible life form that wasn’t detected! That is when I like to see dragons!

I always prefer an alien over a dragon!

As I said before this story held my interest.

Improvements might be the use of more sensory input, as Kailhofer pointed out to me once.

It is true, sensory input used intelligently augments the reader’s experience, an experience that is driven by the mind’s ability to make real to the senses and feelings, of what is fiction! Sensory input does that.

This guy can write, nice job!!!

Return to “October 2008”