New Issue Online

Tell us what you thought about the December 2008 issue!
doc
WebMaven

New Issue Online

Post by doc »

The December/January issue went online at 11:38am on December 14, 2008.

Enjoy!
doc
WebMaven

Re: I idea worth considering

Post by doc »

Mark Edgemon wrote:This is only an idea but I think an idea worth mentioning.

Why not release the February issue on the 1st and reset the submission deadlines to the original defaults?
The Issue is scheduled to go online the first Sunday of each month. This was chosen to ensure a weekend of time to get the last details of each issue right before launch.

The lateness of the last few issues has been my fault. I will endeavor to do better in the future.
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

AWOL

Post by kailhofer »

neoadorable wrote:well you better mister! for the uninitiated, that was a joke, we're quite cynical around here, although both Nate and Rob M. have been mostly absent as of late. but who am i to preach?
Too true, I'm afraid. This year has more than it's fair share of short weeks with Thursday holidays, which makes for many long hours at work to make up the difference.

When I'm not at work, it seems like I'm spending the rest of my time blowing snow. We're not even getting 24 hours between storms anymore. By the end of today, we should have broken the record for snowiest December since 1887, and be at 37" for the month. 3" more expected Xmas night, and there's still a week to go! Bring on that global warming!

(The challenges take a bite of time, too. I'm trying to work up something special.)

Nate

PS--Is there going to be a double issue, or is this it??
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Double Issue

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

kailhofer wrote:PS--Is there going to be a double issue, or is this it??
What? 21 short stories (some of them flash length, but some over 5k words) 3 novellas (PLUS Part 2 of McCamy's serial), 2 features, and a bunch o' poetry isn't ENOUGH? I'll assume that it wasn't enough if and only if EVERY author gets multiple comments about his or her work (proving that everything was read by at least a few people). Harummph. Natternattergrommidgegrommidge*.

(*I believe that David Gerrold indicated that "natternattergrommidgegrommidge was the default script for extras in a crowd scene... or was it Harlan Ellison?)

RM
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

double issue

Post by kailhofer »

No, that's not at all the way it was meant. In fact, that you had so many stories was part of the confusion, since nothing said it was the double, but there were so many to read. There also weren't any of the 'best ofs', but I remember seeing it proposed somewhere that maybe you guys could skip the double issue & put out the bests in January instead so there was always an issue for the month. I might even have suggested it myself, but don't remember.

I'm just a foot soldier around here, not a capo, so that's why I asked.
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Cozy? Bwahahahaha

1Alexander2 wrote:Thanks for letting me be a part of this community and whether or not my writing is featured again in the future, I think I found a nice cozy place to be a part of.
Welcome, 12 (pronounced "Twelve" or "One Two"? I don't think you have given the full story behind the name, at least not in the Forum). Yes, this is a cozy place, where you can warm your hands over a heated exchange on all sorts of topics, some of them even vaguely related to a story! But mostly we are a civilized lot (keeping in mind the term "thin veneer of civilization"...).

:roll:

RM

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Cozy? Bwahahahaha

TaoPhoenix wrote:
Robert_Moriyama wrote:...keeping in mind the term "thin veneer of civilization"...).

:roll:

RM
Keep your Thin Veneer of Civilization! I build my civilization out of Mahogany.
Ah, yes, Mahogony. Diana Ross's greatest role. And the wood makes nice furniture, especially when sanctified with the blood of a virgin (which is why the sanctified stuff is so hard to find these days...).

RM

Jack London (1876-1916)

Return to “December 2008”