If The Sky Should Fall

Tell us what you thought about the December 2008 issue!
Megawatts
Master Critic

Post by Megawatts »

An interesting story: Kill something we don’t understand because it is different. And this story displayed that graphically. Austen is retarded somewhat, and the story uses Austen’s mental deficiency to parallel societies’ inept understanding of different cultures, peoples, ideas, and religions. If that is what the author was trying to imply, then he succeeded!!

The description of the service-station, Austin and Devon, and the environment surrounding the gas-station gives a good feel for the setting.

The first person works in this story, and the writing fare to good. I really can’t find anything serious to nit-pick about. So I’ll go over a very moot point just for the sake of comparison between different writers and locations.

“To say I am nonplussed is to put the situation mildly.” I would not have used nonplussed in the sentence. For some reason it doesn’t sound right to me; I would have probably rephrased the sentence. But that is just a moot point and one that certainly doesn’t harm the story! Maybe others will contribute their opinion on this viewpoint.

I thought the ending fitting: The old eye for an eye thing!!

Good read!! :D
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “December 2008”