The Octopus Curse by Anna Caro

Tell us what you thought about the February 2009 issue!
Megawatts
Master Critic

The Octopus Curse by Anna Caro

Post by Megawatts »

The story is very enjoyable, and of human interest. And we do have a villain that we can sympathized with and cry for. The octopus that was tortured in the barrel by June’s ancesters! Yes, somehow, by some unknown force of the ocean or perhaps by Neptune’s ever watchful eyes, the octopus’s death would be avenged.

I don’t understand why the octopus’s spirit didn’t kill the male descendents instead of the females? Usually the male is recognized with the families’ descendents as the one whose name and legend lives on? Why a female? I must have missed something, but the writing is so clear that I believe I didn’t.

The story could symbolize our inexcusable disrespect for the environment, and we had better become prepared for Natural’s finale because of our irresponsible take-for-granted attitude towards her.

The environment fits into the theme of this story and I’m sure some thoughts about environmental concerns did pop up in the author‘s mind.

I loved this story just for the sake of entertainment, but I believe the author had the environment in her thoughts whether she knew it or not!

good! :D
Tesla Lives!!!

Return to “February 2009”