Challenge note at bottom of short story page

Tell us what you thought about the March 2009 issue!
kailhofer
Editor Emeritus

Challenge note at bottom of short story page

Post by kailhofer »

Thanks again, Robert, for plugging the challenges as you always do. Since the challenges aren't an official department of the zine with their own editor and a button and all that, the notices that you give are the only way I have to reach an audience that isn't already part of the forum.

I just wanted to clarify that the example that people need to look at is here. In that example, all the previous entries were re-written into a new story with a more cohesive plot, and also with the characters merged together. Many of the names changed, countries of origin altered, and extra scenes were added to show things from each of their perspectives. I figured that would help writers understand the characters they would need to use.

Using the original versions could be counterproductive, and a bit confusing.

And, in case someone out there hasn't checked in on the challenges in a while, this one was conceived together with beloved Chief Editor Dan (as well as original participants Bill Wolfe and Casey Callaghan), and all accepted entries will be published in the zine as an official story of the new series.

I guess I should also add that this particular challenge's scope is limited to the two ships and these 12 characters, but as I read it, the series itself covers everything about the exploration of Mars from conception until Mars grows so overpopulated that we need to start moving to another planet.

Nate
Hardcover, paperback, pdf, eBook, iBook, Nook, and now Kindle & Kobo!
A cooperative effort between 17 Aphelion authors. No part of any sales go to Aphelion.
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Blurb in short stories index corrected

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

Now only links to the combined sample and notes that links to the background material are also provided there.

RM
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Return to “March 2009”