September 12th by Lee Gimenez

Tell us what you thought about the June 2009 issue!
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

No contrails!

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

gino_ss wrote:I don't recall if all commercial flights were grounded on 9-12. Arriving flights from overseas were turned back, however. A friend of mine was stranded in Seoul, South Korea for several days.

A frightening "what if" tale. The only glitch I noted was the approach of a hijacked airliner to the Sears Tower. on 9-12. It wouldn't have gotten any closer than a couple hundred miles before military jets would have turned it into an impressive fireworks display.

gino
Yup, flights were grounded. (I work in the Planning Department at Toronto International, so I pay attention to these things.) There were a number of stories about how meteorologists had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to observe conditions with NO jet contrails (hence getting some idea of their impact on cloud formation). [s]Andy's[/s] Lee's scenario assumes a government even LESS effectual than the real Bush regime, one that DIDN'T ground flights and thus was in the same state on the 12th as the Bush regime on the 11th -- with no clear idea of What To Do If A Plane Aims For Downtown. Keep in mind that in this story, ALL the planes hit their targets (disrupting the Pentagon and / or White House much more than they were in reality), and their were follow-on attacks involving bombings (nuclear?) across the country.

viz. also the events in the TV series "Jericho"... where the survivors are cut off from reliable information about what may or may not be happening almost immediately.

RM
Last edited by Robert_Moriyama on June 21, 2009, 08:00:20 AM, edited 1 time in total.
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Return to “June 2009”