Typo on Moth for new issue

Tell us what you thought of the July 2009 issue!
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

I didn't know we had an official Aphelion Moth!

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

I believe that having a typo in a post about a typo (or rather a parameter that wasn't updated) achieves true meta-irony.

And I never meta-irony I didn't like.

RM
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: No Charge!

Mark Edgemon wrote:An electron walks into a bar and orders a drink. When he starts to pay the bartender says, "Don't worry about it. For you, no charge!"
Shouldn't it be "A neutron walks into a bar..."? Bill Wolfe will not tolerate this kind of laziness and lack of attention to detail!

Anyway, isn't it time to ruthlessly deconstruct the stories, features, and poetry instead of riffing on other posts?

RM

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: typo

Bill_Wolfe wrote:"From now on, don't set me up on any more blind dates!" complained the electron.

"Why, what was wrong with the positron?" replied her friend the proton.

"No attraction at all," says the electron.

"Well good," says the proton. "I think he's more drawn to me, anyway."
Bill Wolfe[/size]
But by definition, the positron and electron were made for each other (same mass, opposite and equal charges)! Or do you favor the kind of match exemplified by Jaws and his tiny blonde love interest in "Moonraker" (the silly movie, not the dated but serious Bond novel)?

RM

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: typo

Bill_Wolfe wrote:
Robert_Moriyama wrote: [But by definition, the positron and electron were made for each other (same mass, opposite and equal charges)! Or do you favor the kind of match exemplified by Jaws and his tiny blonde love interest in "Moonraker" (the silly movie, not the dated but serious Bond novel)?

RM
Okay Robert, I'm trying to figure-out whether you're using that silly old satire, or not.

Ya' really don't get it? Really?
(Think commentary on how clueless folks are when it comes to relationships. . .)

Here's the other version:

Suzy electron is talking to her pal, the proton.

"I had to file an Order Of Protection against my boyfriend, the positron," she says.

"Why? What did he do?"

"He told me if I get too close to him, he'll annihilate me!"

Is that any more humorous to ye non-nuke geeks?

Bill
But... but... how often do we see tales of women (and men) not only attracted to but obsessed by / addicted to someone who WILL "annihilate" them?

Geez, any Starfleet Academy graduate knows that particles of normal (to us) and antimatter will annihilate each other on contact -- except, of course, Lazarus and his antimatter twin, who will be wrestling in some interdimensional void forever. (Now there's a story that was bad science AND bad fiction...)

RM

Jack London (1876-1916)

Return to “July 2009”