Zombie and Demons and Feds

Tell us what you thought of the December issue!
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Zombie and Demons and Feds

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

bottomdweller wrote:...Don’t eat your heart out because of some social misstep...
The zombie will take care of that. Eating your heart out, I mean.
bottomdweller wrote:Read this story - your zombie in the basement will thank you for it.
Parents of teenagers are advised to check for a pulse before concluding that The Thing In The Basement is actually a zombie. Judging by appearance and / or body odor is not reliable in some cases. Besides, you may be the one demanding "more brains!" (as in wishing that the basement-dweller would act as if it had any).

RM
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)
Robert_Moriyama
Editor Emeritus

Re: Zombie and Demons and Feds

Post by Robert_Moriyama »

jymmexy wrote:What do you do when the zombie you need to kill is your past life? I believe in reincarnation after death, so let's pretend that is really what happens (I think it does, but that's beside the point). Anyways, you are living a happy life when the zombie apocalypse strikes. You are run into a zombie, but this zombie is your most recent past life, you were this person before you died and were reborn into who you are now. What do you do?
Hmm. Aside from sentimental value, the body is just a collection of meat and bones with somebody else (or something else) in the driver's seat. The survival of your current incarnation should presumably take precedence -- you 'kill' the zombie, with minimal damage to the face if you can manage it, and give the remains a decent burial if the thought of your former shell decomposing or being consumed by animals is unacceptable.

(Actually, if you are an adult, your former body has been decomposing for the past twenty or so years, so the odds that you can recognize it (unless it was buried in a very distinctive outfit or preserved by freezing) are minimal!)
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London (1876-1916)

Return to “December 2009”